1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
559 Posts
I just replaced Hobbes' tags. When we first got him we used those horrible ones from the machine at Petsmart. Once the words all wore off I decided to order him boomerang tags. Awesome! It's a much higher quality material. They also have the ones that slip onto the collar band so that they don't jingle, but I just got the regular kind because I like to hear him jingling around. I haven't had it that long but it doesn't show any signs of wear and tear or the words wearing off yet.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome :) I shall look into the Boomrang tags. They also have their Vacc Tags so I'll here them jingle either way. xD the color ones just get scratchy looking and they look so beat up. lol

·
Registered
203 Posts
I ordered a Boomerang tag yesterday! :) The kind that attaches straight to the collar because the jingling drives my husband crazy.

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
Bassetmixup, those are the ones I prefer. Many years ago we had a dog who's tags got caught in a floor heating vent and i wish these tags were round then.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I'm a new huge fan of dogtagart! I've ordered two from them Pebbles still looks brand new, Myleigh's has a few chew marks but nothing terrible and they are very durable and the only limit to you tag order is your imagination!

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
I really like the red dingo pet tags (I buy them from here because of the free worldwide shipping on all ID tags, but you can get them lots of places). The tags are around the same size as various coins (I get the nickel-sized ones), but thicker, and look and feel like good quality. All of my pets (cats and dogs) have them and none of their tags are scratched, and even after years of use, the engraving looks as good as the day they arrived. Crystal has a light blue flower one and Casper has this snowflake.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ive seen those too. I forgot about those. lol Well its good to hear that they make it thru the years. getting new ones for Sam and April. since they had it for a couple of years now.
I dont know about the Vacc tags. I dont think I can get a new one of that but Ill keep it on them either way

·
Registered
245 Posts
I have an idea about the "jingling" of tags, put them all on the same ring. Worked for Sadie.

I do have a question tho. Is is a good thing to put your DOG'S name on the tag? I was told not to because who ever has her (they were talking about dog stealing atm) the have more control over your dog if they know the name. I am not sure if I want her name on it or not. My name, phone, address is all I have ever put on the tags. I dont know, maybe it is just a ME thing. What do you think?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have an idea about the "jingling" of tags, put them all on the same ring. Worked for Sadie.

I do have a question tho. Is is a good thing to put your DOG'S name on the tag? I was told not to because who ever has her (they were talking about dog stealing atm) the have more control over your dog if they know the name. I am not sure if I want her name on it or not. My name, phone, address is all I have ever put on the tags. I dont know, maybe it is just a ME thing. What do you think?
Well, I Would still put my dogs name, My address isnt on there but my number is. plus there Vacc tags have my vets name and number also.
On Stealing the dog. possible yes they would have a more advantage point. hopefully them being a dog lover they will do whats best and call the numbers on their tags and give them back to there owners

·
Registered
20,766 Posts

My thought is that a dog friendly enough to go with someone don't care if you call them "Stinky"--they'll go with anyone. And a dog that wouldn't go with anyone isn't going to trust them more if they know their name.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I didn't put my dogs name on his but not because I am worried about someone stealing him. He doesn't care if you know his name or not, just offer a belly rub and he'll do anything you want.... except come when you call his name, lol. :) I just decided I want the rest of our information larger and easier to read. Our tag looks like this:

Smith Family
123 Main St
Smalltown, CT
(123) 456-7789
CHIP# 987987987987

·
Registered
764 Posts
I'm a new huge fan of dogtagart! I've ordered two from them Pebbles still looks brand new, Myleigh's has a few chew marks but nothing terrible and they are very durable and the only limit to you tag order is your imagination!
I love dog tag art too! I got the cutest tags for all my crew, and they have held up beautifully.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
this is my kids' tags....i just used their CGC tags and had them engraved w/ their microchip info.....my phone and addy change a lot, this keeps me from having to replace the tag everytime it does....

i had a conversation w/ someone about the names on tags and their reasoning for having it on is so that the people can call the dog to them (dogs respond better when they hear their name, theory).....well, you gotta get to the dog to read it's tag, 1st, b/4 you're going to know its name, right? kinda blows that reasoning out.....:D:)

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Bassetmixup, those are the ones I prefer. Many years ago we had a dog who's tags got caught in a floor heating vent and i wish these tags were round then.
I am with you on this. Last fall Abbylynn came walking into the room with the floor heater vent swinging around her neck attached to her tags ........... I am looking into better tags too.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I like fetching tags.
Fetching tags are sooo cute and seem to be of an excellent quality. The only reason I didn't order them instead of boomerang is they are way more expensive. $30 for a tag is a little much in my opinion. I did sign up on their FB page though since they have contests and you can win them sometimes. Here's hoping!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts