Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if this is where I should post this question, but it does kind of relate to food, I guess. How come my dogs urine kills the grass? Is it because of his diet? Is the his PH level too high? Or is this normal.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I run into the same problem.Please let me know if you find out anything.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think it's just urine. People peeing on grass kills it too. When my brother was an obnoxious teenager and didn't want to walk all the way to the bathroom he'd pee through the screen. Gross!!! Mom knew something was wrong by the dying plants. The neighbors (gross!!!!) finally told her what was going on.

·
Registered
389 Posts
What I have heard to do is to water the spot where your dog goes pee as soon as possible. The morning pee is going to be the most acidic. Females are more apt to make the grass go brown because they pee in one spot and they squat right down to the ground where males usually pee on an object i.e. tree, pole, house etc. After the dog pees take a watering can or hose or whatever is the easiest and water the spot really well where the dog pees. The other thing you could do is to train your dog to only pee in certain places of the yard. Hope this helps. Good Luck

·
Registered
25 Posts
I know I responded yesterday, but now I've stumbled across an article that made me think of your question.

females will tear the grass up with their oops pee, the way to fix is to be out there with a bucket of water to put on the oops lol pee.

Matt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts