Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
They do look overpriced. The Beef/Apple one doesn't look too bad though in terms of ingredients.

I don't really think they're anything special. Fact is, dogs don't really get anything special out of a gourmet doggy bakery item that their owner spends more than they should on.

If you're looking to buy online Zuke's makes a line of pretty good treats. I've only found them in one store. Also, Kona's Chips are worth checking out. They are 100% dried chicken and made in the US. I think you can request a sample from them as well.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
They do look overpriced. The Beef/Apple one doesn't look too bad though in terms of ingredients.

I don't really think they're anything special. Fact is, dogs don't really get anything special out of a gourmet doggy bakery item that their owner spends more than they should on.

If you're looking to buy online Zuke's makes a line of pretty good treats. I've only found them in one store. Also, Kona's Chips are worth checking out. They are 100% dried chicken and made in the US. I think you can request a sample from them as well.
i love zukes. they have them at pet supplies plus. but thats the only store i found them at, aside from a place called Steves wonderful world of pets (or wonderful world of parvo as i call it) i dont buy anything from there though because he sells puppies!

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Yeah, I bought 1 bag of Zuke's Minis and I really liked them. Well, my DOG really liked them. They dried up a little bit towards the end because I didn't use them quick enough but they were a very convenient little training treat. I saw them in a new pet food store the other day but I already spent $40 and didn't want to go too crazy. lol

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Zoey LOVES the Zukes mini's. Both the chicken and the peanut butter flavor. Though I like the smell of the Chicken one's much better than the smell of the peanut butter ones :p I got them from Petco.

The Kona's treats look interesting, I'm going to see if I can get a sample for Zoey! She loves chicken.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
They dried up a little bit towards the end because I didn't use them quick enough but they were a very convenient little training treat.
get the regular zukes, take scissors and cut them up into..oh 6 pieces. the regular zukes are MUCH moister than the minis.
ETA: their a lot smellier too!

·
Registered
162 Posts
I just got my sample of Kona's treats and the girls loved them. I had e-mailed the owner and she replied very quickly with answers to my questions. She sent a few of the chicken jerky and a couple of the bone-shaped treats.

My two go absolutely nuts over the small Zuke's salmon treats. I keep them for special occasions like bath day. I've never seen my little one go bonkers over anything else like she does over Zuke's.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I just got my sample of Kona's treats and the girls loved them. I had e-mailed the owner and she replied very quickly with answers to my questions. She sent a few of the chicken jerky and a couple of the bone-shaped treats.

My two go absolutely nuts over the small Zuke's salmon treats. I keep them for special occasions like bath day. I've never seen my little one go bonkers over anything else like she does over Zuke's.
Yep, I already got a reply from Kona's! That was fast!! She said to expect the samples in 2-3 weeks. I can't wait!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts