Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
if your dog hase diarrehea problems, the way to firm thingd up is pure pumpkin. just scoop some pumpkin out of da can, and give it 2 ur dog, if it doesnt eat it, shove down his/her throught, and when they lick the air it means they swallowed it. (u can by da pumpkin stuff @ ur local grocery stoor, make sure no spices r added!)

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Pumpkin does work but there is no need to shove it down a dog's throat. >9.9< Most dogs like pumpkin anyway, and they make dog syringes for slowly and carefully squirting meds (or pumpkin) in the back of the dog's mouth so the dog swallows it but doesn't choke on it.

Also, Giving the dog TOO MUCH pumpkin can actually make the runs worse... >@[email protected]< This is based on personal experience LMFAO.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats True....must Diogs Do Like Pumpkin, And Too Much Can Make It Worse...also, Did I Mention Rice? NO, I DIDNT....HAHA, JUST DO THE SAME WITH RICE, THAT ALSO HELPS.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Yup rice works as well, and I throw in a little ground beef, bison, or boiled chicken with it. Pumpkin doesn't work for all dogs (mine included), so I go the rice route, too.

·
Registered
76 Posts
hm, i didnt know about the bison and ground beef thing, thats good to know. yeah, my dogs stomach settles a little better with rice than with pumpkin, but then again, i think the first time i used pumpkin..i put too much! that might explain why it took so long. lol.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
It just depends on the dog I think.. a lot of people have had success with pumpkin. Unfortunately, I'm not one of them lol...

I also used to use kaopectate, but they've added something potentially harmful into their formula so I can't use it anymore. >;.;<

1 - 9 of 9 Posts