Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just another recall ... was in my e-mail from www.dogfoodadvisor.com this morning.

Seems it is 6 and 18 pound bags manufactured August 26, 2011.

The event was reported by the company yesterday.

What Products Are Being Recalled?

The recall includes Diamond Naturals Small Breed Adult Dog Lamb and Rice Formula with the following bag codes and “Best Before” dates:

Bag Code DSL0801 26-Aug-2012
Bag Code DSL0801 26-Aug-2012
Bag Code DSL0801 27-Sept-2012
Bag Code DSL0801 18-Oct- 2012
Bag Code DSL0801 Samples

Where Were the Recalled Products Sold?

The recall affects products distributed in the following U.S. states:

Colorado
Illinois
Kentucky
Louisiana
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Oklahoma
Pennsylvania
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Wisconsin

·
Registered
511 Posts
This appears to affect a different Diamond plant. Virginia and most of the east coast was involved with the last recall. I am through with Diamond and I hate that. I buy the food for my mom's dog and was feeding her 4Health and my cats were eating TOTW. I was pleased with the results but I just will not trust the company any more. I am more glad every day that feed my dogs a raw diet.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I also get the emails from dog food advisor.

It appears this second plant now affected is in MO and I'm waiting for the snowball effect like with the SC plant for more brands to be on a recall list.

The states listed above are states in the central part of the country where the MO plant is, yet North Dakota (where I live) wasn't listed. I wonder where the food made by diamond for our state comes from. A few days ago I bought two bags of kibble, one TOTW and one 4health thinking they would be okay because they weren't from the SC plant. I haven't opened either and I'm going to take them both back just to be safe and switch to I don't know what as of yet.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am feeding the 4Health canned to my smallest dog. He prefers canned. My other two are finishing up a bag of 4Health Chicken and Rice with no issues. The cans and bag were not in the recall. I also have Blue Buffalo for them. My dogs 4Health foods have a best by date of 2/2015 and 3/2015.

In another thread ... it was mentioned that the heating process of canned foods would kill salmonella. Also there are only two manufacturers of canned dog foods. They are not involved according to the information given in the other thread about the Diamond recalls.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I live in New York. Diamond normally ships its food to New York from the South Carolina plant. However, when the stores here pulled the recalled food off the shelf, they replaced it with food from the Missouri plant. If you live in the east, and are concerned about food from the Diamond Missouri plant, you might want to check your bags. The food made in the South Carolina plant will have an X in the production code near the end (I think it is the 10th or 11th character in the string). If it is made in Missouri, it will have an M in the production code.

I plan to continue feeding Premium Edge. Our four dogs went through an entire bag of recalled food before we learned it was on the recall list. None of us got sick and our dogs are fine. It doesn't bother me. I think the risk is minimal. I do understand how others might feel differently, so if you do, and are in the east, check your bags.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
What a nightmare! I'm glad I switched to another food early on in this fiasco...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts