Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

So my foster pup Toby (aka might end up being my pup!) drinks a lot of water, and when he pee's (which is a lot) it's a huge puddle, goes for awhile, etc. I've had several people suggest recently that perhaps he has diabetes...

We looked up the other symptoms of diabetes in dogs but he doesn't seem to have the others, he's also only 4.5 months old, but he's had this drinking/peeing thing going since we got him at about 10 weeks old..

Anywhoo, has anyone had experience with diabetes in dogs? And the costs of it? Like how much will it cost, cause I'm assuming there will be a lot of vet bills included with diabetes... Just as he's still a foster pup and I'm considering adopting him, but now with this extra financial costs on top... I need to consider it :(

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
I would schedule a vet appointment and see what they think about all of this before you start worrying about a problem that may or may not exist. Excessive thirst is can be indicative of a lot of things...or it could be nothing. Only your vet can tell you.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If he was my dog I would have booked him in ages ago! But as he's still technically a foster I don't get a say in vet related things (they pay all the vet bills until he's adopted). I've spoken to my rescue co-ordinator/president to see what she thinks, but she's just going to ask some vets she knows, rather than book him in..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts