Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there ever dogs that you either know personally, saw once, etc, that remind you of DFers dogs?

I once met a Harli Dane in Petsmart and automatically thought of Nessa's Callahan (don't worry, I know Cal is merle.. :D).
I saw a mix the other day that was the SPLIT IMAGE of jcd's Bello.
There's an old pittie girl in my neighborhood that reminds me of zim's Bolo.
There's a husky mix around the corner who reminds me of marsha=whitie's(sp?) Callie.

Renoman's GSD (not the white one.. sorry, I forget their names) reminds me SO much of an old GSD boy who lives on my block that Marge is smitten with.
Inga's Rotties remind me so much of my cousin, who was a Rottie fancier for many years and still has one old girl.

I could probably think of more if I went at it for a while.. :D

·
Registered
125 Posts
I see dogs all the time that remind me of my friends on the forums I go to. I have always thought this was interesting. (dopple ganger anyone?) I know that most aren't because...well, they don't live in MI or OH and those are the places I am normally. I would love to meet some of the dogs I have seen here and other places though :)

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
I know what you mean MissMutt. I do that all the time. Just the other day I saw a German Shepherd at Pet Expo and thought "wow, that looks like Xeph's dog." Oh wait! That WAS Xephs dog. lol

Seriously though, I do that all the time. I will be at Petco or on the trail and see a dog that reminds me of someones dog from Dog Forum. I once saw a girl that made me think of Shaina and I wondered if it could be her. She doesn't live too far away... it could have been.

I also wonder on occasion how certain dog forum members would handle certain situations that I run into involving dogs. LOL I think that means I am spending far too much time here. :)

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
That's cool!
I saw this dog today that reminded me of someones dog, but I'm not sure on WHO's dog it reminded me of... it was a big old brindle thing with ears like MissMutts' dog (is her name Marge?). He was AWESOME! I almost ran my mom's van off the road looking at him. lol.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Hehe I totally know what you mean MissMutt!

Sampson (James' dog) COMPLETELY reminds me of your Marge. Every time I see him I think of Marge right away, every time I see Marge in a pic I think of Sampson! LOL!

Inga's Rotties always remind me of my Uncle Bryan's Rottie, Jago... who had to be PTS due to cancer. Every time I see pics of Inga's Rotties or her siggy, I automatically think of Jago and my Grandpa. (My grandpa bought him as a pup for us grandkids about 3 months before he got sick and passed away... *I miss my grandpa and Jago*)

In all honesty, those are the main two that I get reminded of all the time... I'll keep my eye out more now! and my mind open! LOL!
Nessa

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yes marsha my dog's name is Marge. :)

Hehe.. I'm bad about looking at dogs while I'm driving, too... just today I was trying to look at a GSD out my window while I was moving in traffic.. :eek:

Haha yeah Nessa ever since I saw the pictures of Sampson, I know what you mean. They really DO look alike!

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
I saw a BC at Petco not too long ago and first reaction was "It looks just like Tirluc's Rain Dog" Sorry now I can't remember her name, but Rain Dog was always my favorite.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
I saw a BC at Petco not too long ago and first reaction was "It looks just like Tirluc's Rain Dog" Sorry now I can't remember her name, but Rain Dog was always my favorite.
you mean my Meghan?....funny how that nickname sticks w/ her....but RainDog no more, she has her 1st "leg" (?) in rally and is on her way.....her name is now Luna....

and, secretly?...i think she has always been my fav as well...just wasn't sure she'd be able to do what i needed another for (goosing)...

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Yep Meghan...I was braindead last night and just couldn't remember her name, but could picture her perfect.
Hey you never know, she could still be RainDog...even Rainman could count card :)

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Yep Meghan...I was braindead last night and just couldn't remember her name, but could picture her perfect.
Hey you never know, she could still be RainDog...even Rainman could count card :)
yeah, like i said, as she got older i saw autistic traits in her, not just simply "retardation" as a lot of ppl were telling me....she really is a smart girl....

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Ok, until I read the replies, I honestly had no idea what a 'DF Dog' was. I thought it might be a TV show or something.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So I wanted to resurrect this thread just to let ya'll know I met the clone of deege's Donatello yesterday in Petsmart.. it was downright freaky. I'm pretty sure the woman even called him Donnie. :eek:

Deege, you sure you don't live in NY and have been just lying to all us DFers? :p

·
Registered
57 Posts
I think it's hilarious that you started this thread MM...every morning on our walk, Roxy and I pass a black dog jogging with its owner...and every time I see it I think "there's Marge". :p

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
I once saw a girl that made me think of Shaina and I wondered if it could be her. She doesn't live too far away... it could have been.
I don't think I've wandered up to Wisconsin lately...but if I ever do, my dogs are odd-looking enough (esp. Webster) you should have no trouble finding me lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts