Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We recently bought a Siberian Husked puppy. His papers said he had been dewormed on December 1st. Today I took him out to do his business and he did. But came back in and relieved himself in my kitchen and I saw roundworms in his stool. They didn't appear to be moving but his stool had a hint of blood tint. The pups going to the vet in the morning but I am also worried about my children. Can they get roundworms from petting him? Ages 2 1/2 and 6 both boys. I am terrified one of those nasty worms could be growing in either one of them. I keep my house clean so it really bothers me I have mopped the floor 3 times since the pups accident.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Has he been scooting around on the furniture or anywhere we he could have left fecal traces and then the kids would have touched that location? Carpet, couch? If so... just wash them up good. And continue to do so because eggs take weeks to become infective. The ONLY big concern you have is roundworm migrating to children's eyes... this can cause blindness. (mind you this scenario is NOT common) but the vet should be able to give you some more insight in risk factors and how to maintain your home for the next few weeks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts