Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey when im with my 6 month old golden he behaves, doesnt chew anything but his toys or what i allow. He respects my authority and boundaries. But i cant be with him 24 7. So he is left alone outside most of the time where there is a laundry room, front and backyard for him to roam. and when hes alone its like hes interested in everything except his toys and he often finds something to destroy chew, from clothes in the laundry room, to shoes, to plants in the backyard, equipment...Im always coming outside finding something else he took with his mouth and chewed/threw somewhere. I know dogs live in the moment and u have to catch them in the act but usually when i come outside to find the damage its too late and i think theres too many objects to learn thats not ok to chew... Ive had other dogs and never had such a problem. My parents are completely fed up and they dont allow him in the house.

Im contemplating just locking him up with a leash or something when im not with him but dont want to as it seems cruel but not sure i have a choice.
I do exercise him twice a day and take him for like 4 walks every day.

thoughts?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.