Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I often hear this term used and thought I "got it" but then I hear the term again in a different content.........

To you if you use the term, What are you considering "designer dogs?"

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
The product of 2 purebred dogs (different breeds), designed to have specific qualities of each breed.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
A mixed breed created soley for the purpose of selling as "cute" pets and making money. Usually small. Have a silly name like shipoo or pomashon.

·
Registered
343 Posts
If you go up to the brown bar close to the top of the screen, you'll see a search function in white lettering.

It's right in between "new posts" and "quick links."

Click on that and type in "Designer dogs" and I think you'll be able to get a good idea about what they are.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks...

I have seen the "term" referrred to a couple of times now by people as just small dogs - not the marketing of the dog(s) for what it is, this is why I asked.

I had a neighbor refer to my pure breed as a designer dog - kind of snippy like because my girl Aoki is a little shy and didn't want to be petted. Then I read a comment here early this week so I needed to clarify : )

·
Registered
12,761 Posts
I have seen the "term" referrred to a couple of times now by people as just small dogs - not the marketing of the dog(s) for what it is, this is why I asked.
Well, technically they're likely not wrong because some of these little dogs were created many, many years ago to serve, in part, as a fashion statement.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Designer dogs are dogs bred from two purebred dogs or mixed breeds to make money and to satisfy the demand for cute puppies. Dogs that are designed according to the customer's wishes without any concern for health, physical structure or ethics in general.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts