Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, so my dad brought home a retriever puppy, what concerns me is that she just walks away stays on the corner whenever I approach her but when I leave, she cries and scratches the door. Help me please!

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
Well just grab a book, a kindle, a magazine whatever you need to take your mind off pup and go into room sit down on floor and read. Ignore pup let her make all the advances, might take an hour might take 2 weeks but it will happen. A couple small pieces of fried Spam on a saucer near you might not help but won't hurt. But you do not reach for pup, pup must reach for you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well just grab a book, a kindle, a magazine whatever you need to take your mind off pup and go into room sit down on floor and read. Ignore pup let her make all the advances, might take an hour might take 2 weeks but it will happen. A couple small pieces of fried Spam on a saucer near you might not help but won't hurt. But you do not reach for pup, pup must reach for you.
Will give this a try, thank you!

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
Now Spam is not necessary but anything that pup shows interest in may help. The idea is there is no rush in anything. When you force the issue it just does not help, let it be the pup's idea that you're not a bad thing.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
It can take days to weeks for pups and dogs to acclimate to a new home. Just give it time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts