Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jon, Strauss, Delphi, and I all arrived safely in Texas :)

Had a couple of heat issues with Delphi, but around Missouri she came to her senses and started drinking on her own.

As a continuation from the other thread to answer cante's questions:

Are you going to hold a couple puppies back to see how they turn out?
The first litter sired by Tag is part of the co-ownership agreement. I am allowed the second and third pick of the genders (primary owner gets first pick male). I will not know if I am keeping anything until the puppies are whelped and evaluated. The PLAN is to keep at least one (a bitch).

Why is she a little underweight? Just not too keen on her food?
It's a combination of things. She wants to play more than eat currently (she spent a year traveling and thus, spending most of her time kenneled...running was a "special" thing), she's not keen on kibble, and she's just plain immature.

If she weren't so skinny, we would NOT be playing the "I don't like this" game, but I can't afford her not eating, so currently she is eating a mixture of kibble and canned food, as well as a coat supplement.

When do you start taking deposits? Do you wait until an ultrasound shows puppies?
I'll start taking deposits once puppies are whelped.

Who gets to choose puppies (out of you and the other co-owner)? How does that get arranged? Is it really hard to judge a puppy?
Co-owner/breeder gets first pick male. I have second and third pick of the genders. I want pick bitch (it's completely subjective depending on the person and what you want for your program), I may or may not keep a male.

If you hold back puppies, would you start training them (for schH, or other things)?
Conformation and performance (obedience and agility) would be our focuses.

Sorry for the curiosity explosion. You don't have to answer if you don't have time.
Part of being a breeder is answering questions ;)

I'm going to be answering the same questions over and over for (hopefully) the next 40-50 years. And I don't mind it :)

Good luck with her!
Thank you :)

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think so too.

Thought some people might appreciate moving video.

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Banned
7,942 Posts
What a really LOVELY bitch you have there! She has stride AND substance.

You may need to get a bike (motor scooter? LOL) to keep up! Can't wait to see her on Sheep!!! :D

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you :)

If anybody is interested, I have video for an ENTIRE futurity so you can see multiple Shepherds at once :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts