21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Is she a bit young? Almost looks like there's some filling out to do in the rear.

Really good looking dog though, Xeph. Can't wait to see the pups ;)

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
GSD Question:

To me (and my GSD ignorance), her chest looks narrow... is that just the way her line runs? (I'm aware that there are different builds, such as the american GSD and the German GSD). I've seen both narrow and broad chested dogs, so I was just wondering what the Standard is as far as that's concerned.

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
She's only 2, so she has maturing to do. Her line matures late.

On top of that, she's currently very SKINNY! Working on putting on some weight.

The standard calls for lots of rib spring to allow room for all organs of the chest. Her current lack of chest, while "concerning" (because I'm paranoid) is normal for her age and line.

Father was the same way.

Thought you guys would appreciate some movement shots:

·
Registered
976 Posts
Wow, she is gorgeous, you must be so excited!!! I think I missed some posts about her, is she co-owned? When are you planning to breed her?

Ok,so I know next to nothing about German Shepherd confirmation, but I really like her back end. It doesn't seem as dramatic as I see on a lot of shepherds and I like how she look stacked.

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
Her sire was born in 2004, and I saw him when he was only two years old ('06 National).

AM Sel Ex Can GV Ch Marquis' Stealing the Show "Oscar" at two years of age at the 2006 National

He's not fully mature there either

Mom - Ch St Lucia v Kenlyn

Granddad - Ch Kenlyn's Aries v Hi-Cliff

Grandma - Ch Jon-Nan's Starlight Serenade HIC ROM

The maturity will come, just a waiting game ^_^

Wow, she is gorgeous, you must be so excited!!!
Thank you ^_^ I really am excited!
Is she co-owned? When are you planning to breed her?
Yup, co-owned. I think we may be expecting winter puppies (damn it xD)

Ok,so I know next to nothing about German Shepherd confirmation, but I really like her back end. It doesn't seem as dramatic as I see on a lot of shepherds and I like how she look stacked.
She's not terribly angular.

Well angled, yes, but not overdone. I can make her look extreme for the specialty ring though

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited)
Picture of her next to Strauss so you can compare:

·
Registered
976 Posts
Yeah, I like how her back end is angled better (not that Strauss isn't a gorgeous dog, though!)
Sounds like you have a busy year coming up! Are you going to be showing her, too?

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 · (Edited)
She'll be showing down in Texas, yeah. Hopefully I'll be returning home with a finished champion.

I've added a poll to get some input as to which photo of her I should put on the website. The options are in the order that I posted the photos (so, the first two posts).

They're all so nice, I can't decide.

Please keep in mind that whatever photo is picked, I will crop myself out as much as possible

·
Banned
7,942 Posts
She is really good looking.. Love her look. She looks Fluid in addition to proper!

As to the photo.. are you going to PhotoShop the back ground? If not.. then I would say NONE of the ones you have should go on your webstie. Remember, this is an advertisment of YOU and YOUR KENNEL. Always want the BEST photos so you stand out above the rest. Some of the photos I see on kennel websites make me cringe (same for Stud and stable websites).

Here is what you want to do for a website photo to show off this fantastic dog:

1.) The dog is the subject. You do not want anything in the background that is distracting. This means any change in scenerly, shadows on the dog etc.

2.) If you are photographing on lawn, make sure the lawn is ultra short so that anyone viewing the photo can see her lower legs and feet.

3.) If you are photographing on a hard surface, make sure that background does not "split" the dog with any lines.. make sure the camera is level (use a tripod and a line level).

4.) If you can NOT be in the photo behind her, that is better. Remember, you are showing off the dog.

5.) Any "human interest" photos with you in the picture.. dress to kill (like you would a show). Other photos, such as her playing with other dogs etc. be sure to show her off the best you can. Do not dress in White or Black (too contrasty). Dress in something neutral and without a pattern.. dull.. LOL.. like gray or brown/beige.. again, it is all about making the Dog stand out.

6.) Try every photo in Black and White. Sometimes B&W will show off better.

Sorry.. the photographer in me and my very great desire for anyone viewing any dog on your website to say, "WOW! I want a Marcato Shepherd.

If I lived closer I would do the photos for free. Seriously I would.. I just love this stuff.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
She is BEAUTIFUL!

I think #2 is the best stack, but I like #7 the best. The colors are better and she really shows her personality in that one.

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I won't be photoshopping Elana, because I suck at it. It's not uncommon (even if it makes you cringe) to see a GSD photo with hands in the picture (not that that bothers me any).

She won't let me stack out front yet, and her head drops if I try to do it, so I keep my fingers under the collar to get her head up (while trying to be out of the way).

I'm also hoping that there will soon be a win pic to replace it with, but I don't like her current one. She's so much younger and immature. She looks terribly angular too.

·
Banned
7,942 Posts
Try this.. it is not the BEST PS job, but it give you and idea...

She is a lovely dog and I don't want to imply at all that these photos do not show that.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
She is a lovely dog and I don't want to imply at all that these photos do not show that.
You didn't. I know EXACTLY what you meant (and I agree xD).

I was just trying to say that I suck at Photoshopping (plus I don't want people to think I'm "touching up" my dog).

I WAS trying to be out of the way as much as possible for picture cropping purposes, but I didn't always get the chance (Not the fault of my photog xD You snap when the dog looks good, regardless of the handler...show photos prove that).

That photo looks lovely!

·
Banned
7,942 Posts
PM me.. if you want to send me a couple of full size files I would PS them.. and send them back (and not keep the copies on my HD). If you hate them or I mess up (like the one above.. where I PS'd your hands out, and her other ear.. LOL) you can toss them and not use them. No fowl no harm.

It may take awhile to Download them and then upload them back up (full size files) to you at my home computer but I would do it.

And yes.. you snap when the subject is "perfect." Or you try to.. I did some Thoroughbred Yearling photos for a farm sending them to the big Yearling Sale at Saratoga... I had handlers who did not speak English (or know what I needed in a horse set up) and yearlings who were high as kites from being kept in stalls, fed well, hand walked for exercise and groomed 2X a day. I had the luxory of several good backgrounds.. BUT a couple of the Colts and one Filly needed 5 minutes in Elana's Horse Training School to get them to stand up correctly.. but I got it done and No One Died.... LOL

and it was all film.. so no PS.

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Delphi ate a hard cookie today! and she is lieing down more often. (my mom says if you don't want her she'll take her XD!)

SHe just grabed the quilt on the bed and shook it and tryed pulling it off the bed o_O

I told her "EGH!" and she stopped. I think I'm going to take the kids for a walk now down the path, I'll put a buckle collar on Delphi so she doesn't choke herself

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
my mom says if you don't want her she'll take her XD!
<3 You have no idea how much it means to me that she's made such a good impression :)

She just grabed the quilt on the bed and shook it and tryed pulling it off the bed o_O
Sweet! Maybe she'll get the idea of tug!

Delphi ate a hard cookie today!
*Dances* Then hopefully I can get her off canned/kibble mix and just on kibble

21 - 40 of 61 Posts