1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Continued from my another dog thread.

http://www.janzhaus.com/Janzhaus/default.asp

This is off their website main page.
Our breeding lines are hand selected from famous Czechoslovakian and German pedigrees, boasting working line Top Champion Titles.
All our dogs are working line GSD's, thus making them sturdy, agile, calmly confident and with sound stature.

and
Our dogs are OFA certified and CKC registered. All puppies are microchipped, and or tatooed, vet checked, dewormed and have received their first set of vaccinations. Puppies leave with a big kiss, registration papers and most importantly the critical imprinting that their mothers have done.

·
Registered
637 Posts
well they are certainly good looking dogs, and the breeder is established. not the best dogs i've seen but i doubt you want to compete n grand national conformation classes... i think this looks like a sound breeder

·
Registered
966 Posts
(continued from other thread)

I looked again, and while it says their dogs are OFA-ed it doesn't seem to give individual OFA ratings. I think it would be important to check the OFA ratings of the individual parent dogs before buying a puppy. (The CKC registration doesn't really matter; any BYB can have this.)
I still do think their dogs are good looking. And most of them (the ones I looked at) have titles in their pedigrees -- they just don't seem to have titles themselves.
Maybe you should contact the breeder and ask about individual OFA ratings and titles. Maybe they just haven't posted them. The reason some people think titles are important is because they say a lot about the breeder's approach to the breed. They show that the breeder cares about more than conformation, because they are also trying to breed a dog that can perform. Titles also show that the dogs have solid temperaments.

Anyway, I'm not a good judge of all this. I think they have pretty dogs, but I don't really know how to judge their conformation. I just started to learn a bit about it this spring when I posted a similar thread examining breeders near me. You just have to get the attention of the GSD people on here; they can help you a lot better than I can.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I would like to get into maybe some smaller showing and agility with the dog more or less local stuff just for fun.
And as i have said i am not wanting another dog till September or October(maybe even later)and i am not set on a german shepherd i am just trying to find different breeders of our breeds of choice then we have more time to look into the breeder and get on a waiting list---even though i really want an older dog maybe a retired breeder or one that they thought to use for their breeding program and did not work out that way.But i will get a puppy if that puppy happens to be the right one.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Edit: They don't show pictures of them "stacked" (standing from the side in a certain position), which makes it harder to judge them. Don't breeders usually post that kind of picture?

Ahh, this is making me doubt myself... I kind of decided to get a pittie from the shelter instead of a GSD from a breeder. But this is making me want a german shepherd again really bad. :confused: Darn you!

·
Registered
10,534 Posts

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
Go elsewhere.

You can get the same lines with better quality dogs from people that actually train and title their stock.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Personally I do not like the fact they have a buy now button on each of the puppies. A good breeder should help you select the correct puppy for your situation, not pick from a picture online with a buy now button.

Go elsewhere.

You can get the same lines with better quality dogs from people that actually train and title their stock.
Ditto.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Why not check them out on a forum, such as the one on the Leerburg site, where there are many participants who own, train and raise GSDs, especially ones from working lines, which these appear to be?

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
They have some Candian German lined Show champion pedigree stock too (Canisphere). They're breeding two dogs to their bitches, which to me says they have no interest in actually IMPROVING anything in their own lines.

If you want Pohranicni Straze lines, go to Eurosport K9

They've got Czech lines out the yang that are TITLED. And they keep dogs from their own stock and train and title them as well.

Here's a BUNCH of working line kennels for you

Wildhaus - Michigan, currently have a 15 week old girl available
Eichenluft German Shepherds - Pennsylvania, Molly should have something
Wolfstraum - Pennsylvania, very knowledgeable breeder
Rokanhaus - Massachusetts, another brilliant breeder :)
Landschaft - Illinois

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will continue looking at different breeders for the breeds we would like and when we finally decide the time is right or close to it we will also be looking at shelters too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts