Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I think RonE's right. You have to decide if you want to speak up enough to lose a friendship. You can truthfully tell these people that seeing them use the shock collar and put their dogs in situations they (dogs or people) can't handle upsets you so much you don't want to be in situations where you do see it any more. They may blow you off, decide you're wrong and hyper-sensitive and still be friends, or they may get angry and that's the end of the friendship. I doubt if they'll shape up, but maybe you'll plant a seed that may sprout someday if enough other people hint at the same thing. Of course, if the male dog causes injury to another dog, they may get a real education in consequences.

Or if they meet someone like me.... I'm one of those who when people yell out, "He's friendly," when their dog comes charging at me and mine, yells back, "I don't care. I'm not."

Pandora's suggestion is certainly worth a try, but my guess is Animal Control will tell you if there's no real abuse, talking to people like this couple isn't their job.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.