Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
one dirty but happy doggie!

here is iorek after daycare in the rain, enjoying his turkey neck

there may be still some white in there somewhere...

after his bath (please ignore the gigantic pile of to-be-shredded paper in the background...)

wet doggy!

more...

·
Registered
6,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it was a long ordeal this last time since he was SO dirty! i had to wash from his shoulders up 2 times to get all the dirt out :D when we go to the dog wash we are usually out in about an hour, but that doesn't include blow drying because he hates the hv dryers. at home it is about the same but there is a lot of toweling off afterwards, so that makes it longer!

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Holy cow! Makes me glad Poca is black. We joke that she gets a near-bath when she goes to daycare. She comes home smelling like other dogs who get bathed more frequently.

Iorek is such a handsome boy, with bath or without!

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Awww, the hansome boy!
Thanks soooo much for sharing those pics- I had a bad day at school and it really cheered me up:D

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hehe, I feel your pain with having a light coloured dog... *shakes head*. Unfortunately, it looks like Iorek has the kind of fur that absorbs dirt. Where as when the dirt dries on my pooches it just falls off.

I'm not so sure he needs to gain any weight, from what I can see in the pics he looks pretty good right now, I have a hard time believing he's only 50lbs, 10 of which must be fur. lol. He's one happy, good looking dog.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I showed my boyfriend the first few pictures and he was like, "What kind of dog is that??"

So, I proceeded to scroll down and he said, "Oh...that's a samoyed...is that what it's going to be like when Oscar comes home?"

(Bear in mind, we've barely picked out a kennel, and the boyfriend already has our future puppy named...;) )

I just smiled at his question and knodded. C'est la vie!!!

Oh, to the poster above me- probably, Iorek's mom could have gotten away with an intense brushing, but she was probably worried about potential stains or matts due to the mud.

Spitzes have coats that repel grime, which is surprising because their coats are so thick and beautiful. I just think that Iorek rolled around in mud for a loooooong and happy time. :D

·
Registered
6,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks guys! :D

iorek does have the kind of fur that mud will fall off of when he gets brush but unfortunately that day he was covered in dirt and grim and was spitty from wrestling and playing with the other dogs and he was SO stinky! when he dried he turned a nice shade of concrete grey :) we don't give him a bath any more than every 2 months or so so it is not too bad.

iorek is only 50 lbs or maybe a pound or 2 more, but it is really hard to tell :) he is very fluffy! i don't think that he is under weight but i don't like that i can feel his spine and his hip bones. i was told that adolescent boys are usually always thin like that and that he should bulk up a little when he gets a little older. it is hard to get any weight on him since he is always go go go!! i would like him to be around 55 lbs.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
iorek is only 50 lbs or maybe a pound or 2 more, but it is really hard to tell :) he is very fluffy! i don't think that he is under weight but i don't like that i can feel his spine and his hip bones. i was told that adolescent boys are usually always thin like that and that he should bulk up a little when he gets a little older. it is hard to get any weight on him since he is always go go go!! i would like him to be around 55 lbs.
I never realized my love for Samoyed until I saw your Iorek. He's too cute.

Dexter is pretty lanky, too. He's just under 11 months and 45 pounds, and he's the weight he should be, but everyone keeps telling me he's too skinny (which is great, I've been told I was too skinny the past 15 years of my life -- now my dog is too skinny?) He's an awkward adolescent, so I'm hoping he'll fill out a bit once he gets older.

·
Registered
6,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
iorek is about 16 months old now, but he is just starting to mature (ie finally lifting his leg to pee! :)) so i am pretty sure he is still growing a little. maybe he will fill out soon...i hope!

i think that Dexter is so handsome :) i love his eyes!

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
iorek is about 16 months old now, but he is just starting to mature (ie finally lifting his leg to pee! :)) so i am pretty sure he is still growing a little. maybe he will fill out soon...i hope!

i think that Dexter is so handsome :) i love his eyes!
Haha, Dex doesn't lift his leg yet! I was beginning to think he'd squat for the rest of his life, but now that I know it can take over a year -- hope is not lost!

Dex is a total ham. As I sit here studying, he keeps popping up onto the arm of my chair and staring at me, as if you say, "Go to youtube, show my some dogs."

·
Registered
6,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dexter sounds like a real charmer :)

right now iorek is making it really hard for me to get the ferrets out...he is giving me the sad face when i tell him he has to go on the other side of the gate! silly boy, i will go over there with him, he just has to be alone (in plain site of me!) for a few minutes...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts