Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was Hadley's first day at day camp. Not sure if I should take her again.

Pros:
it's indoor/outdoor, lots of room to run.
webcam
allows Hadley (pit bull)
close to my house and offers half-day prices and discounts for the second dog.

Cons:
today when we got home, I found she had a hole in her ear. I called and they knew about it, but had not told me. (looks like she got bit, it went the whole way through). They said it wasn't her fault, but didn't tell me anything more.

What would you do?

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I wouldn't take her back. But that's just me. If they forgot to tell you about the hole in your dog's ear, they either didn't think it was a big deal or they just withheld it from you. Either way, I don't like that.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can understand an injury happening, I don't understand how they didn't tell me.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
I agree with the others. Why would they not tell you? I would not take her back but I would make sure to talk to the owner/manager and let them know why.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guess we need to find a new day camp. I'll go over there tomorrow and find the manager, I've talked to him before (I actually applied to work there a year ago.)

·
Registered
317 Posts
That's horrible. My daycare tells people if anything happened with their dog, even if the dog WASN'T injured. I can't imagine bringing Georgia home and finding a hole in her ear. I'd flip out!

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
Safety is the #1 concern when it comes to boarding or leaving your dog anywhere. Don't go back!

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
100% agree - don't take the dog back there. Do talk to the manager and let him know why you're not bringing your dog back.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Who did you pick her up from? Was it a person who normally works there? Or someone who was just hired? Maybe the person you picked her up from was not the person watching her all day, and therefore didn't know about the incident. Is it possible there was a breakdown in communication?
Either way you decide, I'd talk to the manager about it...

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It was a person who has worked there for a year - they recognize me, and know who my dogs are.

I went today and the owner wasn't in, I asked for him to call me. Hadley is at a new day camp today.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I couldn't take Sadie because Sadie needs to go get her DPP booster shot today.

I don't like the new camp as much because it's just indoors and it is more expensive, but I can see her running around having fun. (there's another eskie in there, I keep thinking it's Sadie lol) As long as she does well I guess we'll try this one for a while once a week.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts