Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All
I have a one year old cavalier - Lola! My daughter just got a 12 week old French, who I will be watching during the day while she is at work. I am not a new dog owner and have always had a dog - but never been in this situation. Lola is the sweetest little girl and very good .. still loves her crate and in it when I am out and at night. Its in the middle of the house, somewhat in a secluded area, but she can hear me etc if she is in it. When I am home, she is never in the crate unless she goes in herself (usually when she is exhausted).

Otis the frenchie will be here from 830 am to at least 530-6pm. My question is where you suggest I put his crate. I have place next to Lolas, or can put it in a bedroom and leave the door open. I just dont know what the best thing to do.
Any and all advise would be great!

Thanks

Chinku

·
Registered
4 Posts
It may better in the begging to separate them in different rooms with the crates, just until they get used to each other. Your current dog may feel like her space is being taken if they are in the same room. After a while and they are used to each others presence there's no reason you couldn't have the crates in the same room...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts