Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 9 year old dashchund that was diagnosed with CHF about a year and half ago. He has been on vermectin and salix since the diagnosis and up until now, and the medicine made it to where you would never know he was even sick . About a month or two ago, he startetd to not act like his fiesty self anymore and he will now only eat a few nights out of the week. My question is for the people who have had dogs with CHF and I was wondering if these were the signs that you experienced nearing the end. I am absolutely terrified that it might be getting close to his time and I just want to know so I can be mentally be preparing for it (even though I know I will never be ready for it). Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
180 Posts
The only experience I've had with CHF was my mother's miniature poodle. Toward the end, he had a hacking cough, similar to that seen with heart worms. He always ate well, though he did stop eating dry kibble at about age eight and, would only eat canned food.

I wasn't there, but my mom said that one night he had a bad coughing fit then, it was over.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts