Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi!

Actually my boyfriend came up with an idea for bloodhound, he saw one in some movie. We didn't even know the name of the breed, we just knew they had an excellent smell so we found them on the internet based on that.
Here in Slovenia this breed is very hard to find, there's just a few bloohounds here. So we meant to go buy one in Germany and just at time I found one breeder whose female bloodhound was pregnant. Two months later we bought a baby male and two more months later his sister, that's how charmed we were.
Now they are 10 months old and we are so in love with them we decided never to have any other breed again. As addition maybe beagle or basset because we like dogs with big ears :), but bloodhound will always be around . .

·
Registered
487 Posts
Hi!

Actually my boyfriend came up with an idea for bloodhound, he saw one in some movie. We didn't even know the name of the breed, we just knew they had an excellent smell so we found them on the internet based on that.
Here in Slovenia this breed is very hard to find, there's just a few bloohounds here. So we meant to go buy one in Germany and just at time I found one breeder whose female bloodhound was pregnant. Two months later we bought a baby male and two more months later his sister, that's how charmed we were.
Now they are 10 months old and we are so in love with them we decided never to have any other breed again. As addition maybe beagle or basset because we like dogs with big ears :), but bloodhound will always be around . .
How playful and affectionate are they? From what I've read, they're highly affectionate but not at all playful. Just wondering if that's been your experience. Will they play fetch or any games?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I must say they really are very affectionate, I even call them kind giants. They are well behaved to people- adults and children, and to animals as well.
For being playful - yeah, when they feel like it. They play a lot between themselves - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8oIRwhXMo8 - concerning fetch, yeah, they run to fetch the ball but only to keep it for themselves ;) well, Dido is way more playful, DannyCrane is usually just standing somewhere close like big heap of hair ;), so she always finds a tennis ball or a dog toy somewhere and she just must come to show it like 'look what I've got'.
But there are lots of time I want to play with them but they just stand there looking at me like a retard (all bloodhound owners will know what I'm talking about :))
So what goes for play is indeed when they feel like it. But that never stops me from having fun with them :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts