Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Merlin never gets hot spots.... In forty years of dogs, I have only dealt with a couple. My dogs always have ate a very good diet and I guess I have been lucky as well.

But I am paying for it now. The AKC/Eukanuba National Championship is less than a month away. And Merlin gets a hotspot.

I am treating it with listerine and gold bond.....

I am not worried about the hair growing back. It is on his right shoulder. Low.... I can hide it. AS LONG AS it does not get worse....

·
Registered
8,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rats! Keeping good thoughts that it's gone before the show. Are points taken off for something like that?

Well, He carries a good cape on his shoulders. IF I can clean it up, it will be un noticable.

It is not so much a matter of points, sure the judge can count it against you. But more a matter of taking a dog in the ring with something like that going on.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Thanks for the explanation. Not knowing anything about shows, I can only imagine how many variables are at play. Totally understandable to want him to be at his best. Fingers crossed, then!

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
It's like taking a dog that blows their coat to the show WHILE they're blowing coat.

You CAN do it - you can pretty up the dog best you can - but you shouldn't.

Though blowing coat =/= hotspot.

I'm sorry to hear about the hotspot! I'm super sure you'll clean him up nicely though :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts