Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My god, I have never met a more accident prone dog ever.
I was laying on the couch with her and mum. She was just chewing on her bone and laying on me. Mum got up and I had my arm over the side of the couch just to the elbow, and the dog fell on my arm. 45lbs of clumsy pit bully muscle on my arm.

It hurt quite a bit, but after a few seconds I could move it. Then when I went to show mum what happened I got a really, really intense pain in my elbow when I straightened my arm. So I was writhing around on the couch feeling like I was about to die. Mum went to crate the pup so she could take me to the hospital and I started feeling really weird. I couldn't see and couldn't really hear and felt like passing out, so of course Dandi was freaking and didn't want to go in her crate. By the time I got outside I could barely breathe and was wheezing. None of that was the dog's fault, I have no idea what it was :p Probably just a funky panic attack.

Anyway. I spent the next hour at the hospital just for them to tell me I had a sprained elbow (no x-ray or anything :eek:), put a sling on it and send me home. Then we had to drive my bf home because he had to rush to the hospital at 12am for a sprained elbow, and ended up coming across a passed out drunk guy at the bottom of his road. So more waiting around till the 911 guys showed up 'cause he wouldn't wake up and looked kinda dead, then I finally got to come home.

Dandi licked my elbow as soon as she saw me.
Isn't she sweet?

I think she actually dislocated it and I popped it back into place and that's what the severely horrible pain was, but now it's just bruised and stiff and sore.

That dog's gotta get control of her floppy little body.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Wow, that's terrible! At least your injuries weren't any worse!

Dogs can be so klutzy, then they look at you with those puppy-dog eyes like, "Did I do that?" How can you not think that's sweet? lol!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts