Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are the proud owner of a dalmation(75%) greyhound(25%) mix named Daisey. We have had her since she was a pup. She is now 13 years old. She seems to shake and quiver for no reason and all of a sudden she has forgotten all about her poddy training. She will go outside to pee but within a half hour of coming inside she poops in the house right in front of us. This has been going and off for about two months. She is now a garage dog where she has a nice warm spot to sleep with access to outside. Now she constantly shivers. Has anybody had any experience with this behavior.

Thanks

Steve

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
When dogs get older, they can not hold it as long as they previously could. She likely needs to go more frequently then she is going outside.

There is also always the possibility of health problems, and if she suddenly showing symptoms she didn't have in the past then I would at least call into my vet and see if they had any advice. Usually someone there can give you a better idea as to whether or not the dog needs to come in for a visit.

And last by not least, please rethink your decision to regulate your old dog to the garage only. Places like that are rarely properly insulated and it's overall not the most comfortable living. Particularly for a dog that is used to being inside all it's life.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
I agree, the shaking could be from being put in the garage. She may think she's been abandoned. My last border collie April had dementia in the last 6 mths or so of her life. She didn't mess inside but she forget me & seemed afraid of me which was very upsetting as we had over 14 great yrs together. As DS said take her out more often & get her checked out at the vet. They have medication that may help her.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts