Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the initial milky water episode the water has cleared considerably. The background colour has changed though. Funny enough i dont really mind the look *L*

So i have tested again today, both the tank and a container of water (same as used in the tank) i stored on top, to make sure the background was inert and not messing with tank stats. I am very pleased to say all stats from both samples are exactly the same.

There is now a feeder fish in there, who is doing great, active and looks wonderful. The canister part i need is ordered, waiting for it to arrive then will start checking out some fancies to add

Will update as it progresses, what ever that may be

As i is just now (please ignore temp internal filters)

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Very nice looking. Goldies will soon outgrow that tank but it is lovely for now. Are you stuck on the idea of Goldfish? Did you rescue the feeder to live his life out or is he going to actually be fed to someone else? Just curious. As a kid, I only wanted the feeders so I could "rescue them" ha ha They lived long lives and required very big tanks. They get quite large.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Comet goldies will outgrow this tank. Fancy goldys will live for many years comfortably. It is just under a 40 gallon tank (20gal for the 1st goldie and 10gal for any additional), is is a custom 2ft not normal small sizing.

The feeders were to be fed to my oscars (i no longer have these) but they now live in my pond. These feeders arent long lived nor do they require large tanks. They stay fairly small as adults. The feeder is actually pictured

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Comet goldies will outgrow this tank. Fancy goldys will live for many years comfortably. It is just under a 40 gallon tank (20gal for the 1st goldie and 10gal for any additional), is is a custom 2ft not normal small sizing.

The feeders were to be fed to my oscars (i no longer have these) but they now live in my pond. These feeders arent long lived nor do they require large tanks. They stay fairly small as adults. The feeder is actually pictured
I don't think that would be too small for just two goldies. It looks really nice with good plant choices that probably won't get eaten or uprooted. :)

Your feeder is a rosey red minnow which is an albino variant of the Fathead minnow which is a really common bait fish. I want a nice school of them someday when I setup a native fish tank I've been dreaming about for some time. They only get like 2-3 inches in size but really need to be in a school. Just in case you were wondering about all that. :p

Good luck with the tank! You have a really nice start. :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The feeder is a firetail gudgeon :) They get to 4-5cm. They dont really school. Males are territorial and care for the eggs.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
The feeder is a firetail gudgeon :) They get to 4-5cm. They dont really school. Males are territorial and care for the eggs.
Ah, guess I spoke too soon, then! In my defense, look how similar! ;p

firetail gudgeon

rosy red minnow (admittedly a little paler/less pinkish than normal)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah sorta similar :)

Tank is now fully stocked and home to 2 red and white ryukin and 1 calico fantail.

I must say they look awesome in here!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FTS

The fantail is quick and i cannot get a clear individual pic of it (need better lighting)

The 2 ryukin

1 - 11 of 11 Posts