Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 14 and i was curious. I know dogs have 4 claws on their paw, and 1 on their calf. For my dog, I'm pretty sure we got her nail there removed when she was a puppy. Anyway, it looks that in that spot there's an infection or a bug bite type thing. Anyway here's a picture:

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u26/taylo234/0703090022.jpg?t=1246606005

If anyone knows what this is, please let me know.

·
Registered
498 Posts
If I saw that on my dog after having the dew claw removed then I would be back at the vet. But you gave the impression you had it removed a while ago, is that right?

Hmmm... looking at it again I would probably still go to the vet, regardless of how long ago it was, if it is as bad as that picture makes it look.

·
Registered
5,615 Posts
The picture is a bit hard to see the whole leg...it looks like the OUTSIDE of the foreleg, if it is and it's near his elbow, it may be an infection of the skin of the elbow..dogs get callouses there and sometimes they get dry, crack open and get infected.
The dewclaws (the other claw you mentioned) is usually on the INSIDE part of the leg, just above the paw (some higher than others).
Regardless, my young friend, your dog needs to be seen by a veterinarian. Please make him an appt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts