Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When someone walks by our house especially with a dog My chocolate lab always barks and her hair stands up straight...is this mostly cuz shes scared or is it more of a terratorial thing??? Just wonderin.

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
When someone walks by our house especially with a dog My chocolate lab always barks and her hair stands up straight...is this mostly cuz shes scared or is it more of a terratorial thing??? Just wonderin.
It can mean many things, but in general it means arousal. When the dog is excited, hairs on the back tend to stick up. This can just be a play thing, an aggressive thing, and many others. It's hard to say why he had it up without other clues.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
I think it could be both. When Sasha had her puppies, she was very stressed out and scared and started getting terratorial with strangers and some men. I felt really bad for her =( She became like this because she was obviously undergoing a lot of stress, and I think she just wanted everyone to back off.

Your dog may be scared, or she could just be trying to defend her terratory. Either way I don't think it's a very good situation, but I dunno how I would stop your dog from feeling this way...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts