Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! My boyfriend and I adopted a puppy from the local animal shelter a few days ago. They told us he was a beagle hound mix. I'm very curious as to what type of hound he could be just so we have an idea how big he's going to get. I've attatched a few pics. I don't know if it helps any but he had 5 brothers and sisters and they were mostly white. They weren't all black and brown like he is. Any help is appreciated! Thanks :)

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have no idea what he is mixed with, but he sure is cute!!
I agree.

He might be part Coon Hound. Once i figure out the uploading picture thing, he looks a lot like a stray my cousin picked up a while back and he was part Coon Hound.

**Forgot to add.

Sometimes you can research and guess all you want about how big your dog is going to be and you are dead wrong. I rescued a Catahula mix at about 4 months old. Had no idea about the breed, did a ton of research. He had huge paws wich made me think he was going to be a BIG dog. I bought an extra large crate in preparation. He never got above 60lbs and the cage dwarfs him.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies! After doing some research online I was thinking coon hound too, but someone suggested dachshund. Is that possible?

·
Registered
109 Posts
It's really hard to tell from a picture and he is just a puppy, but he could be. Here is a picture of the dog I was referring to.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
I think coonhound. Every dachshund mix I've ever seen had a longer than average body and shorter legs.

He is adorable!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts