Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I rescued my dog, Cash, a few years ago after someone dumped him on the side of the road when he was a puppy. I have never seen another dog that has the exact same features as him. He has the coloring of a Collie, but he is very tall with long legs. He is about 85 pounds. I'm curious to know what mix of breeds other people think he is! Here is a little bit about his personality: He is a very vocal dog and has a loud bark. He was an extremely hyper puppy and he is still hyper at 4 years old. He loves to be around people and has a bit of separation anxiety. If I am away too much he will throw up for two days. He is content with laying by your feet or on your lap. He thinks he's the size of a Yorkie. He loves to be in the mud and water, but he does not like to be in the water where he can't touch the bottom. I have attached a few pictures below! Let me know what y'all think!

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Handsome pup! Collie x Great Pyrenees would be my guess. First impression overall is "Collie" but he's bigger than a typical Collie, and his head and ears aren't very Collie-like. The size and rear dewclaws are what make me think Pyr.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Totally gorgeous! I would have said lab/collie but I think LeoRose's answer is better.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
I am going to disagree! I don't see Collie at all! I looked at the pictures before I read your post, and my first thought was Lab/some sort of long-legged sighthound.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Smooth Collie / Greyhound.
Great Pyrs have double dewies in the back.
Yes, they are supposed to have double rear dewclaws, but they don't always read the book (or the standard). :) Just as you can have a ridgeless Rhodesian Ridgeback, you can have a Pyr not have double rear dewclaws. And when crossed with a breed that typically doesn't have rear dewclaws the resulting puppies may or may not have them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts