Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is Clover. I think she is a dachshund beagle mix or possibly a dachshund terrier mix. We were told she was a dachshund mix. I was just curious on what some other people thought besides me. I also know that she is still young and it is harder to tell when they are so young :p

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
It is hard to tell when they are so young. But she is a cutie for sure! :) She looks fairly long in body in the first pic.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She is longer than normal! but she happens to have a bit longer legs than a dachshund! :D thanks though, she really is super cute :)

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
She is so cute! Maybe a dachshund x beagle. They're terrible dogs- you should send her to me right away! ;)

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
He looks a lot like my little guy -- we THINK he's a dachshund terrier X. I have a few picture posts of him if you want to check him out and compare! He has identical feet!! Those pictures ALMOST make me wish he was wee again (he turns 5 months next week)... but not quite ;) She is adorable!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
awwww your puppy is so adorable! I definitely can see a resemblance between the two! :D I also agree that Clover may be part vampire piranha! :p they have almost the same markings too! We thought she could have terrier too. See her parents are both doxie mixes too and they look almost identical to your puppy! :O

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'd have to agree with dachshund/beagle, but you never know this young.
Just curious, what is his behavior like? That might help a little. And I know he's still young, but what is his bark like?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, she is extremely playful and mischievous . One thing she does that is mischievous is when I give her her bone or toy to chew on, she chews on it and then takes it over to books or other stuff and she lays down and pretends to chew on the bone, but then secretly starts chewing on books! I don't know if that is just normal but I thought it was kinda cute even though she isn't suppose to be chewing on books!

Also I did notice she likes to dig and dig super fast. I know dachshunds are diggers and I believe beagles are too but a lot of breeds are I guess! Hmmm, she also has separation problems already. She doesn't like when I leave the room, she will whimper. She even whimpers when I just go out of view. My previous dog also had separation issues too. So hopefully we can correct this early on if it becomes a problem! :p

Well I did hear her howl a few times, but she also has a higher pitched bark! Most of the time she doesn't bark though only squeals and whines :p haha, sorry for the length of this :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
She sounds like my dachshund! He is such a whiner when he doesn't get his way or he wants to do something but is afraid to. And he loves to dig. If you get too close to his hole, he'll remind you it's his by digging more. The bark will probably come with age, but luckily dachshunds aren't yappy barkers. They'll bark, but not the annoying consistent bark. And the chewing the books thing sounds like something my guy would do. Haha. She sounds like she's going to be a fun, smart little thing

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Your dog sounds like he has a great personality that is really cute and quirky :)! Oh yes Clover whines when she doesn't get her way or when she can't climb up the tiny deck platform! It's cute :)! She only chews books! Out of everything she just loves books! haha.
I know she is just so young still but here in several months or so I will post more photos of her! So then it may be easier to tell ! :p She is gonna be a handful though, she sure does have an attitude on her! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts