Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard of some remedies in a book that help dogs stomach and a lot of other stuff and I was wondering if there really are some flowers and stuff out there that cure stomach aches and stuff like that! I dont want to try and get my dog sick because of my mistake!

·
Registered
374 Posts
There are remedies that are made from flowers, most notably from the Bach company. They are not herbal remedies, but rather drops that are added to a pet's water or put on the tongue. They are designed to help with psychological, behavorial and emotional issues and do not address specific physical symptoms directly. Given as directed they are harmless even if the wrong remedy is chosen but if your dog has a stomach problem you probably wouldn't start with a flower essence remedy.

This is a link to the official website for Rescue Remedy, which is the most famous of the Bach flower remedies, and very often used to good effect to calm upset pets (and people).

http://www.rescueremedy.com/pets/

·
Registered
6,474 Posts
dr. pitcairn's book, the complete guide to natural health for dogs and cats, has some information about bach's flower remedies as well as homeopathic remedies.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts