Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I know every dog is an individual. I own a very VERY hyper, friendly pomeranian. But Im missing cuddles. He is too hyper to cuddle with.

What breed of dog is usually cuddly in personal experience?

I want a dog to have on my lap while watching TV sorta thing. Grooming requirements arent a problem.

·
Super Moderator
3,319 Posts
That's a question I don't think anybody is going to be able to answer for certain. I think this is totally up to individual dogs, regardless of breed. I think if you specifically want a dog to cuddle with you, find an adult that is known for cuddles! Go to a shelter and ask for a cuddly dog. That's really your best bet, because even Labs or Goldens or other breeds that are deemed 'cuddly' for some reason seem to have preferences.

·
Registered
17,932 Posts
Yeah, seconding the 'find an adult who likes to cuddle'. Puppies usually aren't, unless they're very sleepy Too much to see and do and they also tend to bite a lot :p

Of my 5, only one (the youngest) wanted much to do with physical affection as a puppy or young adult, but still - more important and interesting things to do most of the time These days any of them will curl up on a sofa for TV or cuddle up for a nap. The Boston's probably the most cuddly, but the Boston is also 12.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Our dog has been a cuddle bug from the start. He loves to sit on my lap or right up against my side when we watch tv at night. He is a malti/poo.

·
Registered
549 Posts
The cuddliest dog I've met is a Cavalier King Charles... Obviously it's hard to find good breeders though and they cost an arm and a leg.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts