Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rescued a lab/coonhound mix puppy about a month and a half ago. He is doing great with almost all aspects of life - completely housetrained, great on the leash, can sit, lay down, come, but he HATES to be alone.

He starts yelping and crying SO loudly the minute that he is alone - it does not matter whether it is me that is with him or another person or another dog - he just absolutely hates to be alone for any period of time. It is difficult to accomodate but something I hope he grows out of. I live in a very congested area with a neighbor that has already complained several times when I left him for 5-10 minutes at a time to work on acclimating him. My roommate thinks that I am babying him and I am just at a total loss on what to do!

I have tried the plug-in DAP and a bark collar to no avail. He is in his crate when home and I take him for several walks and to the dog park daily.

Any advice would be SO HELPFUL!!!

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Try a thundershirt and leaving a radio or tv on for him. Go put notes on your neighbor's doors, and apologize for the temporary noise, and explain that you just got a puppy and are working on getting him used to being alone. Thank them for their understanding, and promise that the crying will only be temporary.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts