Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My little buddy is 14 he’s a lasa. His eyes are constantly filling up with goop. I know I’m a wuss but I struggle cleaning. I usually get him groomed every 2 -3 weeks. But everything is shut down. Is there something I can put on the eye boogers to loosen them up. I do the wet rag thing but it doesn’t really help. Please any suggestions
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
7 Posts
I suggest buying eye cleansing drops because not only do they clean the inside of the eye, they will drop onto around the eye too. Just wipe the remainder off with a rag. There’s also specific wipes that are already moistened.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Warm water and a little soap. Give it a little time to soften. Then it should just wipe off.

These are results of the eye cleaning itself. These will increase/decrease with environmental factors like dust, pollen, air pollution, any air borne particle. Allergies can contribute to the eye discharge.

My dog frequently required eye cleaning while I was in China. Air quality there is horrid.....sometimes the air had taste. Frequently the smog reduced visibility to 3 km or less (about 2 miles). Now, we are in Central USA and his eyes only require cleaning about every other week. The air quality is many times better. Soon, the farmers will be in the fields with Spring work stirring up dust, also pollen is soon to arrive. So, I expect more discharge from my dog's eyes.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Warm water, soap, wash cloth........

Give the water/soap a little time to soften the "crust", then it should wipe away.

No need to get complicated with special cleaners.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts