Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Summers here finally so its time to take the top off the convertible and enjoy the sun! Me and my sister took our boys cruising to some trails for a walk today and they loved the ride! Next time I'll have to get some pictures while we're moving, the flapping cheeks and ears were hilarious!

Buckled in and doggles on, all ready to go!

And a couple extras!

Panda making himself at home on the tv. He has forgotten all his manors since moving home for the summer. He's such a pain knocking stuff off tables, jumping on the kitchen table, wrestling with the puppy, harassing the other cat, and then there's his favorite game of opening doors..

And, here is my summer project! He is a 6 year old quarter horse. I don't know much about him other than he was used for trail rides at a state park nearby and then sold to a friend of mine who didn't ride him much. I'm guessing he wasn't very good for the trail rides for kids who don't know how to ride. He's very jumpy and definitely not a beginner horse. At some time he has been trained to run barrels though I think. I'm going to see what he knows about that tomorrow.

·
Banned
103 Posts
Really good to see that you have them harnessed in.
For a very long time here this wasn't law, but lucky for the dogs it is now.
And I like the one of your horse to one thing I have to snap oneday when I have got my camera with me.
Love horses but I am so scared of them and I have got no idea why, but if it was a goose I could tell you why on that one.

·
Registered
13,081 Posts
The pics of the dogs are adorable ... especially the sun glasses! The cat is beautiful ... and you are so lucky to have horses in your life! I love them ... had all my friend's horses to befriend and ride when I was a youngster .... it's been a while! Lol! :)

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Love the horse! He's got a nice coat. I hope you can get him riding smoother. I can't imagine him being a beginner's horse if he was used for barrel racing! My first horse (after a DISASTER of a pony) was purchased from a summer camp in North Carolina. He was the best babysitter one could ask for. After I learned all I could from him, I sold him to the barn I was at for a school horse, who in turn sold him to one of my friends to teach her how to ride. The old man lived to be over
20, as I recall. A GEM of a horse, although nothing to look at - lol! He was a buckskin named Sun Tan.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Really good to see that you have them harnessed in.
For a very long time here this wasn't law, but lucky for the dogs it is now.
And I like the one of your horse to one thing I have to snap oneday when I have got my camera with me.
Love horses but I am so scared of them and I have got no idea why, but if it was a goose I could tell you why on that one.
Yeah the harnesses are great especially for the convertible! We had them harnessed in plus we were holding on to their leashes just in case something happened and they managed to get the seatbelt undone or something. I wasn't too worried about Boomer but the setter is still a puppy and I guarantee he'd hop right out of the car the first chance he had.

The pics of the dogs are adorable ... especially the sun glasses! The cat is beautiful ... and you are so lucky to have horses in your life! I love them ... had all my friend's horses to befriend and ride when I was a youngster .... it's been a while! Lol! :)
thank you! He wears the sunglasses to keep anything from blowing into his eyes since he rides in that car so often. And I love the horses, I'm getting ready to go work with this guy and then take my horse for a trail ride.

Love the horse! He's got a nice coat. I hope you can get him riding smoother. I can't imagine him being a beginner's horse if he was used for barrel racing! My first horse (after a DISASTER of a pony) was purchased from a summer camp in North Carolina. He was the best babysitter one could ask for. After I learned all I could from him, I sold him to the barn I was at for a school horse, who in turn sold him to one of my friends to teach her how to ride. The old man lived to be over
20, as I recall. A GEM of a horse, although nothing to look at - lol! He was a buckskin named Sun Tan.
Thanks! He's just too hot/excitable for a beginner horse which isn't uncommon for a barrel horse. He's actually from racing lines, his sire has a SI of 96 and earned a bit of money in races. I think he hasn't been worked with in awhile. My friend had him and the other horse that came with him for a year and they rode them a couple times around the farm but for the most part they were just standing in the pasture. And I'm not sure how long they were with the horse dealer who does the trail rides. He learned how to follow the horse in front of him there because that's all he wants to do if another horse is around but he's coming out of that. He just needs a good refresher course. Every day I'm finding he knows more than he let on when he first came. Your horse sounds like he was great! I love old camp horses, they are so laid back and sweet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts