Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 1020 Posts

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Crufts is coming up this week, 8-11th. Figured I'd start a thread for it to discuss the winners once the results are up after each day.

Also you can watch footage from Crufts each day on their youtube channel.

Here is the line up

Day 1: Toy and Utility groups
Day 2: Gundogs
Day 3: Working and Pastoral groups
Day 4: Terrier and Hound groups

all the info about Crufts can be found here: http://www.crufts.org.uk/

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Besides the Westminster, I like watching the Crufts because it has so many dog breeds in it. I'll have to see when it's on as usually we don't get it here. Thanks for bringing it up!

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After each day they are going to edit the footage, and put it up on their youtube channel for US viewers, although you may be able to find live footage on their too at certain times but not sure about that. One of the comments on one of their promotional vids, just said that they will edit the footage and put it up for US viewers.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
I remember following it last year, but only bits and pieces of it on youtube. Can't get it on tv here, so youtube will have to do :p

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep I watched some earlier, my headphones need to be recharged though. Its only the arena footage though. But groups will be in there, so worth watching later.

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
I heard that neither Pekingese nor Bulldogs will compete in their respective Groups due to failing the 3rd party vet checks?

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I heard that neither Pekingese nor Bulldogs will compete in their respective Groups due to failing the 3rd party vet checks?
Apparently since I didn't see the bulldog in the group. I will have to go back and see who the CC winners were in bulldogs.

Ok I don't recognize either of the CC bulldog winners.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Last ten were the Lhasa Apso, Dalmatian, American Akita, Toy Poodle, Standard Poodle, Shar pei, Keeshond, French Bulldog, Shiba, and Chow Chow.

Winners utility group:
1: lhasa Apso, 2: Keeshond, 3: American Akita, 4: Toy Poodle.

Personally didn't like the finalists all that much. The Canaan dog however... wow, loved the look of that dog :D

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
Do not like tailed Yorkies x.x And I thought the Min Pin was a Manchester Terrier...

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Utility Group winners

Best in Group) Lhasa Apso: Ch. Zentarr Elizabeth

had to use a picture from last years crufts cause the pictures are not up yet

Reserve Best in Group) Keeshond: CH/AM. CH KEMONTS SKYLINE'S GAME BOY (Imp USA)

3rd in Group) Akita: CH. Redwitch Leather and Lace

4th in Group) Poodles (Toy): CH VANITONIA YOU'LL SEE

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Do not like tailed Yorkies x.x And I thought the Min Pin was a Manchester Terrier...
Neither do I. I did like that Griffon though, and of course Joe.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
I liked the Italian Greyhound, but to my surprise I liked the Havanese and Chinese Crested too, though both are not my type of dog at all. The Cavalier and Papillon were cute. I actually got goosebumps when I saw the Löwchen... no, not pretty.

I don't mind the Yorkshire with tail at all...

Yay, the Papillon and Chinese Crested are through to the finalists! :D

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Toy Group Winners

Best in Group) Pomeranian: BELLIVER UNEXPECTED DREAM [ATC AP00118IRE] (announcers said the dog is from Sweden but the site says Ireland, guess the dog is originally from Ireland)

Reserve Best in Group) Pug: CH PUGALICIOUS PROVOCATEUR JW

3rd in Group) Bichon Frise: CH PAMPLONA BRING ME SUNSHINE

(again picture from last years crufts)

4th in Group) Papillon: Ch/Am GCH. Lafford Fly Me Too Farleysbane JW

IDK, wasn't really a fan of the pug

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Ooh facebook is in an uproar about the bulldog failing the visual vet exams. Apparently there is no way the dog should have failed that test. And looking at pictures of the dog, I have to agree with them, the dog is very moderate.

I want to know why the vet failed that dog, other than politics. That bulldog is gorgeous. Such an honor to win at Crufts, and to have the award taken away just sucks.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Ooh facebook is in an uproar about the bulldog failing the visual vet exams. Apparently there is no way the dog should have failed that test. And looking at pictures of the dog, I have to agree with them, the dog is very moderate.

I want to know why the vet failed that dog, other than politics. That bulldog is gorgeous. Such an honor to win at Crufts, and to have the award taken away just sucks.
I wonder if there will be a statement on why the bulldog and the peke failed the vet exam. All I have seen so far says simply that they failed.

1 - 20 of 1020 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.