Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Purchased from Petco here's my Betta. I think he is just gorgeous and wanted to share him with you. I have asked about them being in a community tank and was informed they will do well. so far he hasn't gone after anyone but it does look like he's trying to find out if anyone will challenge him. He's very showy and not afraid to come check you out.

Here are the pictures:

DONE

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Since I simply have to name just about everything I own his name is "Monarch" since he is a 'Crown'tail.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Do Betta's grow any bigger than the size I always see them as in the stores?
Well, they might sell juveniles sometimes, but mine hasn't grown since I got him like 8 months ago. His body's a bit less than 2 inches and his tail fin is about an inch long, so like 3 inches-ish. Never seen any larger, but there's another species (not betta splendens but betta something else, lol) that is larger that I've never seen in stores before. Well, long story short I'd assume what you see is what you get in most cases. :)

·
Super Moderator
7,299 Posts
Some of the specialty stores get them in younger, but generally speaking, the pet stores sell adult Betta's, because they don't fully develop that long flowing finnage until they mature, and that's what people want. I got mine from a specialty store, and was able to get a young Betta, so he may do a little growing yet.

Oh, and 3 inches is the max for a regular Betta. The only Betta's that reach 5 inches are the Giant Betta's.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts