Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an awesome new puppy. She is a 3 lbs at 10 weeks little shihpoo. I have to work about 9 hours Mon - Fri so I've put my pup in the crate and 4 hours later I go back home and spend 30-40 mins with her. I put her back in the crate and go back to work. I feel so bad doing this, but have no other way to handle it. She has been awesome. Her mood is great and she goes outside to potty/poop without a problem.

Any I doing her harm making her stay so long in the crate as such a young age?

Do I need to keep the crate in the same place? I move it to my room at night and into the livingroom when I go to work. I leave the TV on when I'm away so long.

Any tips?

Thanks,
Rhonda

:(

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yes. She has a teething ring and a chew toy she loves plus her blankie. I also give her treat to go into the crate and say good girl. She seems to be just fine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome! I feel so bad...it seems like it's mean to put her in that crate, but everyone tells me it good and she should feel secure. I almost can't believe how easy she has been. It's only a bit more than a week, but she even sleeps in her crate at night for up to 6 hours and never makes a peep until about 5:00am.

Thank you so much for the help.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Try adding a stuffed kong, it will give her more to do and make you feel better, and it stimulates her mind.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
The stuffed kong or other interactive toy is a great idea. But don't feel guilty about the crate. To her it's her den. And, when you travel with her, the crate will be her seatbelt in the car and her own, special "room" in hotels or at homes you visit.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I love the kong plan. I'll get something this weekend. Zoe has been lots of work over the past week, but SO much fun.

I already feel better with all the replies. I'm glad I joined the forum.

Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts