Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to create train my 10 week old puppy chihuahua. He hasnt been in the create for a long time yet, just a few hours when I go run an errand or something. He is use to it and he goes in to sleep all by himself and goes in to play in his crate.

At night my husband puts him in our room in like a doll's play pen and about 3-4 times a night he wakes us up to go potty. We take him to the pad and he potties and we put him back and go back to sleep.

He doesnt want to leave him in the crate overnight because he potties a lot. I told him it's ok, we take him out at midnight and by 7am he should be ok right?

what do you guys think?

It's been so long since I potty trained I forgot how to do it.

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
No, he can't hold it that long. Pups can generally hold their bladders for as many hours as there are months in their age. At two and a half months old, you should be taking your puppy out every two hours, maybe three if you're lucky.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, he can't hold it that long. Pups can generally hold their bladders for as many hours as there are months in their age. At two and a half months old, you should be taking your puppy out every two hours, maybe three if you're lucky.
thanks! I guess he is doing good then, he goes out every 4-5 hours sometimes longer. I take him to work with me. Most of the time he is sleeping but I take him out when I get here around 8am, then during my lunch 1pm and then right before I leave 6pm. And it's usually on his time, I noticed that when he wakes he tends to want to pee. Not after he eats like it says online to take him out.

he does so good with pottying when we are at work. It's another story when we get home.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts