Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long should Kessel stay in her crate before being let out (carried directly to the backyard of course) when I get home from trips out? She doesn't get let out when she's making noise unless I feel she needs to potty. I'm thinking it'd be better to make her wait five or ten or fifteen minutes before I let her out even if there's no reason to do so (like if I have groceries to bring in I bring them in and put away cold items before taking the dogs out). It would be keeping her in the crate a few minutes just to keep with the crate training so that when there is a reason I can't take the dogs out right when I get home there won't be issues then. Crate training is going very well, if anyone's curious. Last night she went into the kennel voluntarily to sleep :clap2: She's kenneled overnight, for meals, whenever I leave the house, and as needed throughout the day. It sounds like a lot but it's not really. Bedtime is midnight, husband takes her out at 6 a.m., and I don't leave the house that often or for that long (stay at home mom). I'm also utilizing an outdoor kennel during dinner time. The big dog and the puppy go in the kennel. I've been tossing treats down to them throughout mealtime so that the kennel has positive associations for them. Well mainly for puppy, my big dog would be fine left in it all day which I wouldn't do to her.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts