Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I had a question. I just got a new puppy the other day, his name is Scooter, he is a 12 week old Corgi. We have a 10 month old bordie mix as well, which is my roommate's dog. She is also being crate trained but going along a little slower than scooter. they get along just fine but I may or may not be having some trouble with the crate training. The biggest problem is when I get scooter to go into his crate, our other dog tends to pester him while he's inside. Is this something that's OK, or should I continue discouraging it?

thanks!

·
Registered
948 Posts
I don't let my dogs pester each other, regardless of whether one is crated.

Usually, the pesteree will let the pesterer know, in uncertain terms, that the pestering is unwelcome. If the pesterer doesn't stop after the initial warning, it's just bad manners. Besides which, things are likely to escalate, and nobody wants to see that.

A crated dog can't effectively communicate it's desire to not be pestered.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should note that it wasnt pestering in that way, just mostly sniffing around and trying to fish out his toys through the bars. I will however do my best to keep them seperated while one or the other is inside their crate. thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts