Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2 year old female dashound that we got from the shelter a month ago. We started using the crate with her because she was using the bathroom through out the house.
She is potty trained, but I think being in a new place did it. She only did this for a few days and is going outside now during the day. The problem I have is that she still pee's in the crate at night. I take her food/water up around 6p.m. and we go outside before bed and she pottys. We go to bed around 9:30 and I get up around 5:30 for work. I have a small crate with a towel or blanket in it. She wasn't peeing in her crate before, but has started this past week or 2 going in it every night.
I took her to the vet's 10 days ago and she had a UTI, which stopped her peeing through out the house since she was put on med's. However the peeing in the crate at night has not stopped.
I don't know what to do. She doesn't bark or whine, she loves being in her crate at night. She know's when it's bedtime and goes straight in there and lays down.
Sharon

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Take the blanket out for now. She might still smell the scent which tells her, "this is my spot". Also 9:30 to 5:30 may just be too long for her.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I take out the blanket every morning, clean out the crate and put a fresh towel down for her. For the first couple of weeks we had her, she did fine at night. She would pee every other night or so. Now, it's every night.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts