Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ack! Someone fairly local to me is selling husky puppies born on 3/21/13. Here's what the ad says:

"Siberian husky puppies for sale .4 females(2 brown,2 black) $550 each FIRM PRICE ..born 3/21/13 already eating dry food.no papers,no shots ready to go to there new homes.text E at **********"

Is there any way to get through to people like this? Is there anything I could text them or email them that might convince them not to sell these poor guys at such a flipping young age?! I doubt it, but if anyone has some idea, that would be great...

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
OMG....ummmm...I would def text or e-mail and say that they still need to nurse from the mommy or they might get sick and people will get mad and want their money back. Also with the no shots thing. That should be a red flag to anyone with a brain but not a lot of people have brains now a days.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Nope...you're not going to convince them, no matter what you say. They already have dollar signs in mind, not the pups and, to them, the sooner they sell off this bunch, the sooner they can be ready to churn out more when the female goes in heat again and the less money they'll be spending on them before they get them out the door. :(

Hugs...this is why I don't look in the ads often. It's just too sad sometimes.

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
It is against Florida law to offer for sale a dog or cat less than 8 weeks of age:

(4) A person may not transport into the state for sale or offer for sale within the state any dog or cat that is less than 8 weeks of age.
Pet Law 828.29 Department of Agriculture

You could give animal control their phone number and email address and let them deal with it and possibly prosecute for a misdemeanor

Edit to add:
Make sure to screen cap that ad right now before it gets flagged and taken down

·
Registered
562 Posts
It is against Florida law to offer for sale a dog or cat less than 8 weeks of age:

Pet Law 828.29 Department of Agriculture

You could give animal control their phone number and email address and let them deal with it and possibly prosecute for a misdemeanor
Yay! I mean, still not yay, but an avenue you can pursue. Hopefully a visit from AC will put a scare into them.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, Shell! I've sent an email to Orange County Animal Services with a link and a screen shot of the ad. Hopefully, they'll be able to help.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Ughhh this is why I hate going on craigslist. I spend the whole time flagging people and contacting animal services. Poor babies. :[

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
I see this all the time. I flag them, and up until just recently, I had no idea there were laws against under age selling of dogs and cats. Really good to know, because I have a feeling I'll be getting to know the local AC very well. These ads are all over the place. Way too young.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
We have a HUGE problem with that here. One seller was selling 1 DAY old puppies. (They had the mom, and when I emailed him, he replied "it's not her first litter...they'll be fine"

Here is what I post every couple of days...(Not we have city laws that prohibit selling puppies under 8 weeks. Puppies must be less than 50.00 if unaltered, and up to 150. if altered. (If docked/crop you can include cost of that with vet receipts).
------------------------------
You BYB's that don't care that El Paso kills thousands of dogs, puppies, cats and kittens can keep flagging this, and I'll keep re-posting it. You are breaking the law in El Paso by selling puppies that are less than 8 weeks/more than 50.00 (unaltered)/150.00 if fixed. CL also doesn't allow animals to be sold, but only rehomed for a small fee to get back RECENT vet care needed to get the animal ready to be adopted.

-----------------------------
Apparently with the recent influx of BYB ads, this is needed again-
Has your post been flagged? Wondering why? Starting to develop low self esteem problems, because you now believe no one likes you, and in spite of CL being anonymous, people somehow know it is "YOU", and don't like you so they flagged your ad? Or maybe you think it is the other BYB's who are determined to eliminate the competition, not by breeding better quality dogs, but by flagging your ad off CL? Or maybe you think it is the animal rescues, that are so overloaded with volunteers, that they have the extra ones, flag ads of people rehoming purebred, non-rescue dogs?

NOPE!

You are probably getting flagged because in your haste to get your poorly bred byb puppies up on this site, so you can cash in on your dog's money-making uterus, you failed to read the CL Terms of USE, or El Paso's Title 7 Laws.

So Here are the reasons you might be getting flagged...
1) You MUST state a price in your ad. If it's free, say "Free". If there isn't a price it's probably because you are violating CL TOU and selling your dog like a piece of furniture. In which case, you suck, and need to go advertise somewhere that doesn't have scruples, or pay for an ad, where they accept all ads.
2) You have a price but it is over 50.00 for an unspayed/unneutered pet, or over 150.00 for a "fixed" pet. Now I realize that your super "Speshul" GOTTI PB's, or your amazing "dobbermans", or "winnie" dogs, may be worth more to you, and that capping the price on your dog's offspring, really limits how far you will be able to stretch your food stamps, but it's the law. And if you can't spell your breed, how much research did you really do about the genetics of your breed, anyways?
3) Your puppies MUST be at least 8 weeks old to rehome.- Just because the puppies are eating solid food, doesn't mean an early paycheck for you. And considering that the mom probably had no prenatal care, and probably never produced much milk, the babies are probably hungry enough to run down their own cow at 6 weeks, just to get a meal. However the law requires that they be 8 weeks old. That's because there are a lot of benefits to keeping them together until then. So make that welfare check stretch out a little further, because you need to wait a few more weeks to sell (cough)/Rehome them.
4) You are advertising stud services or seeking stud services- You're getting flagged for violating CL Terms of Use. You can't sell Bodily fluids on CL. Plus you are basically telling the world that you are a really stupid, irresponsible breeder, that is probably unemployed and looking to profit off of your dog, Because responsible breeders don't match up their potential breeding dogs using CL ads. Just because you married your sister to keep your genetic line pure, doesn't mean that you have an understanding of genetics. Oh, and you suck.
5) You are posting a "dog wanted" ad in the pet section.- Generally you are getting flagged, because you are posting in the wrong section. But many people are flagging you because your ad says, you want a puppy "no older than 8 weeks". Then, you are being flagged because you are an idiot that obviously knows nothing about dogs, or El Paso's laws. When you post that you want a puppy, because your 2 yr old has been asking for one, you are getting flagged because you are an idiot that doesn't realize that 2 yr olds need stuffed toy dogs, not real ones, and that 2 yr olds will ask for all kinds of things, that 3 minutes later, they no longer want. Just wait til you drive past a construction site, and he sees a Front end loader!

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
We have a HUGE problem with that here. One seller was selling 1 DAY old puppies. (They had the mom, and when I emailed him, he replied "it's not her first litter...they'll be fine"

Here is what I post every couple of days...(Not we have city laws that prohibit selling puppies under 8 weeks. Puppies must be less than 50.00 if unaltered, and up to 150. if altered. (If docked/crop you can include cost of that with vet receipts).
------------------------------
You BYB's that don't care that El Paso kills thousands of dogs, puppies, cats and kittens can keep flagging this, and I'll keep re-posting it. You are breaking the law in El Paso by selling puppies that are less than 8 weeks/more than 50.00 (unaltered)/150.00 if fixed. CL also doesn't allow animals to be sold, but only rehomed for a small fee to get back RECENT vet care needed to get the animal ready to be adopted.

-----------------------------
Apparently with the recent influx of BYB ads, this is needed again-
Has your post been flagged? Wondering why? Starting to develop low self esteem problems, because you now believe no one likes you, and in spite of CL being anonymous, people somehow know it is "YOU", and don't like you so they flagged your ad? Or maybe you think it is the other BYB's who are determined to eliminate the competition, not by breeding better quality dogs, but by flagging your ad off CL? Or maybe you think it is the animal rescues, that are so overloaded with volunteers, that they have the extra ones, flag ads of people rehoming purebred, non-rescue dogs?

NOPE!

You are probably getting flagged because in your haste to get your poorly bred byb puppies up on this site, so you can cash in on your dog's money-making uterus, you failed to read the CL Terms of USE, or El Paso's Title 7 Laws.

So Here are the reasons you might be getting flagged...
1) You MUST state a price in your ad. If it's free, say "Free". If there isn't a price it's probably because you are violating CL TOU and selling your dog like a piece of furniture. In which case, you suck, and need to go advertise somewhere that doesn't have scruples, or pay for an ad, where they accept all ads.
2) You have a price but it is over 50.00 for an unspayed/unneutered pet, or over 150.00 for a "fixed" pet. Now I realize that your super "Speshul" GOTTI PB's, or your amazing "dobbermans", or "winnie" dogs, may be worth more to you, and that capping the price on your dog's offspring, really limits how far you will be able to stretch your food stamps, but it's the law. And if you can't spell your breed, how much research did you really do about the genetics of your breed, anyways?
3) Your puppies MUST be at least 8 weeks old to rehome.- Just because the puppies are eating solid food, doesn't mean an early paycheck for you. And considering that the mom probably had no prenatal care, and probably never produced much milk, the babies are probably hungry enough to run down their own cow at 6 weeks, just to get a meal. However the law requires that they be 8 weeks old. That's because there are a lot of benefits to keeping them together until then. So make that welfare check stretch out a little further, because you need to wait a few more weeks to sell (cough)/Rehome them.
4) You are advertising stud services or seeking stud services- You're getting flagged for violating CL Terms of Use. You can't sell Bodily fluids on CL. Plus you are basically telling the world that you are a really stupid, irresponsible breeder, that is probably unemployed and looking to profit off of your dog, Because responsible breeders don't match up their potential breeding dogs using CL ads. Just because you married your sister to keep your genetic line pure, doesn't mean that you have an understanding of genetics. Oh, and you suck.
5) You are posting a "dog wanted" ad in the pet section.- Generally you are getting flagged, because you are posting in the wrong section. But many people are flagging you because your ad says, you want a puppy "no older than 8 weeks". Then, you are being flagged because you are an idiot that obviously knows nothing about dogs, or El Paso's laws. When you post that you want a puppy, because your 2 yr old has been asking for one, you are getting flagged because you are an idiot that doesn't realize that 2 yr olds need stuffed toy dogs, not real ones, and that 2 yr olds will ask for all kinds of things, that 3 minutes later, they no longer want. Just wait til you drive past a construction site, and he sees a Front end loader!
HAHAHAHA that would be even more hilarous, if... it wasnt so true....

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
That is so sad. I hope that potential buyers are smart enough not to purchase those puppies until they are old enough. I would say that I hope no one purchases those puppies because this person does not sound like a caring or knowledgeable "breeder" (for lack of a better term), but I worry about what would happen to those puppies should they not find homes and be left in that person's care, since he/she obviously doesn't care about them at all. Please give us an update as to what happens, if you should ever find out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts