Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience with cradle collars?

It's a good concept, but I'm not sure about the design. It seems as though the bulk of the pressure from pulling would still be mostly centered on the narrow portion that's attached to the leash. Of course, there could be something I'm missing.

My dog is fine on a regular collar 95% of the time. The only time she pulls if she sees or smells something interesting, or if she's super excited to be in a new place. I have an easy walk, but she doesn't seem to like it - I think the underbelly strap rubs or something.

·
Registered
400 Posts
That's exactly like a greyhound collar. They're made for breeds with delicate necks. I'd google greyhound collars.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
I think you would be better off with a tapered martingale..exactly the same exept that the wide part is the collar itself, not an extra usless attachment to a narrow collar.

·
Registered
7,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think you would be better off with a tapered martingale..exactly the same exept that the wide part is the collar itself, not an extra usless attachment to a narrow collar.

Thanks! Tapered martingale gives me something to google :) She has a regular martingale, but it's narrow and chokey. I've seen wider martingales (like the ones from 2hounds), but they seem bulky and uncomfortable. The one in your picture looks to be a much better design.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts