Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Carolina dogs are listed as a rare breed. What are the chances of them turning up in a shelter? Not saying its impossible just that its highly unlikely

I think a cattle dog/ shepherd mix is more likely.
Carolina dog is less a "breed" than a local strain of pariah dog (which is what dogs become when people aren't manipulating their breeding choices). Pariahs are the "natural" form of dog, I suspect this little yellow dog is probably such a "blend" of mixed breeds that trying to figure out any actual breeds that contributed is beside the point. Shelter "IDs" are frequently a matter of guesswork. And some of those guesses are a bit unusual.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Don't let most people get you hyped up on a particular background of your dog. Believe me people don't know how to distinguish between a dog and a hyena. Ok for my Smooth Collie mix everyone thinks she is a coyote or dingo mix, for my husky everyone thinks he is a wolf hybrid.

Coyote

Dingo (To be honest your dog looks like a wild Australian dog)

Ava

Wolf

Miko

·
Registered
641 Posts
Wow, Active Dog, that is the prettiest coyote I've ever seen!! The scraggly coyotes around here look like they've been beaten with about 50 ugly sticks, LOL. They're like the hyenas of North America, haha.

OP- I think your dog is too good looking to be part coyote. Or if it is, it got the best of the coyote DNA.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts