Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
You need to supply more information.
From what I've read on coydogs, they are generally a disaster as domestic animals, so that's probably not what you have.
If you want opinions of what sort of cross, pls. post photos and some description of what you came by the dog, etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

I got him from our local reserve. They said his mom was shepard. I live in the kootenays (mountains) in BC Canada. Where the mom lives their property backs onto the forest. Mom is outside all the time.
Pup is very vocal. All kinds of different vocalization's. High pitched yips, talking, barking,moaning, growling. He is very pliable. Tons of energy. Plays rough with our male lab cross. Not trying to hurt him.
Shook my shitzu by his neck. We don't leave them alone anymore.plays with some of the cats. Eats anything and everything. Climbs up things like our cat stand 6ft tall. He is a busy boy I am assuming he is a coy after all I have read. Ideas?

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Mom looks like a mostly-GSD mix, pup looks like a husky/shepherd mix.

The behaviors you're describing sound very adolescent husky to me TBH. Which is why our local shelter is full of them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks. Don't worry about the shelter thing. I had 3 boys in 3 years two had adhd one had Tourette's. Lol I am used to high energy.:rockon::canada:

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Sounds like an under socialized/trained husky mix to me. They can be really great dogs or really rough dogs depending on how they are trained and handled. Mine is easy but she has an easier GSD temperament and I've been working with her since she was 9weeks old so she is well trained and socialized. Coy dogs are very different.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the help:wave:
We are working on him. We got him at 3 months he is now 7 months. When he is finally worn out he is a very loving cuddly dog. He really is a sweety. I am certain he will settle as he gets older. All of my kids turned out good:whoo: lol. (Read above) we are big animal lovers 3 dogs 2 rescues one really badly abused and 4 cats. All s.p.c.a recruits. We will help him along in his journey. I am sure he will be a great dog. Just didn't know where he came from genetically. I appreciate all the help
Thanks again

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
To luv my pets :ps we have been told mal/shep cross before. That's what the vet said. Just wasn't sure others got us wondering about the wild dog connection. We are in a very "wild" area out in the boonies. Just was wondering:wink: thanks again

1 - 13 of 13 Posts