Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im looking to be adopting a bull terrier, i have been around them a couple times, and i think im hooked.
anyways i do school for about 2 hours in the day 1030 - 12:30 and then i work from 5-11
this september i will be going to school for about 6 hours and work the same time.
i have family around at night so it wont be around by its self all the time, and it will be sleeping with me.
its allowed indoors all the time with a fenced yard and a doggie door. so with it allowed to go o ut side whenever will that allow it to become not as bored during the day.
or should i look at adopting an animal a little less demanding.
your thoughts and input is very welcoming.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
A dog is a hugh responsibility. You need to ask yourself what will my life be like 5,10 years from now. Being in school you are going to be going through tremendous lifestyle changes over the next 5-10 years. Where will the dog fit in? Bully breeds require firm, fair, consistent leadership and training. They are not generally recommended for first time owners.

Just because you have a dog door and the dog can go in and out doesn't mean it will do so without training. It also doesn't mean the dog won't be involved with destructive chewing and digging (they are terriers!) due to boredom.

Instead of getting a dog right now, I suggest volunteering at a local shelter, vet office, or "apprenticing" with a responsible breeder so that you get to know more about dogs than liking the looks. Spend time researching breeds, learning about dogs and their needs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts