Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 6-month old puppy. She's crated when we are not at home & during the night. I'm careful not to let her go too long, I set my alarm in the morning to make sure she gets out early enough.

My questions is this, currently we have a divider in the crate so we can use it as she gets bigger. How long does she need the divider? She's grown from around 7 pounds to about 11 pounds since we have her, I've already moved the divider 2 times to give her more space, just curious what the time frame is on taking it out completely.

Thanks!

·
Registered
150 Posts
I was told by a Petsmart Manager (who owns pomeranians like my baby) and she said that the divider should always allow him sufficent room to sleep but not leave any empty space where he might potty... She didn't trust him to not eat stuff or potty in the house until he was a year old. I've heard 9months though to. So I guess it will depend on your level of trust with your little puppy.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
That freedom of space goes hand in hand with the housetraining progress. As they learn the potty rules (without accidents) they get more space.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts