Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
What about testing " Before " it is packaged and sent out to the stores?

Or does this contamination take place after it sits for a while on the shelves?

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
Salmonella contamination happens because ingredients are contaminated, not during storage. Mites, moths, mice and such can contaminate properly stored kibble bags - just go right through the bag. Molds and such can contaminate improperly stored bags that get damp as the very small number of spores properly made kibble in the bag grow. I suppose bags left in overheated places could have the fats degrade in spite of the limited amount of oxygen too.
Good info! Overheated places such as leaving dog food in a " car " in the heat is a scary situation many probably do not even consider? I have left a bag of dog food in a car in the summer to finish shopping at another store ... not any more!

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
I dropped the 4Health and the TOTW after the recalls once I finished up my product as it was not in the recall. I did some searching on ingredients for many dog foods ... Blue Buffalo and Wellness Super5MIx are within my price range .... so far I have been feeding these with good results. It has only been a short time span though ... I m still undecided about the 4Health .... my dogs have done very well on this for about a year now. I really like their product.

I also use www.dogfoodsadvisor.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts