Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I feed my dog Natural Balance Alpha Chicken, Turkey and Duck meal. Thank god that was not affected, but other Natural Balance formulas were. Makes you wonder WTF is going on in these manufacturing companies that produce dog foods.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is a brand of dog food that has never had a recall. Its called Pinnacle. When I contacted them last year, they had told me that they have never had a dog food recall. Last year I was thinking on changing Benji's food over to there formula.
The Dog food industry is not looking good. I remember back in the early 1980's living in New Orleans and never ever hearing of dog food recalls. Now all of a sudden fast forward it 25+ years and its almost a constant thing. It SUCKS.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guarantee you that kibble in the 80s was just as bacteria-ridden. Maybe more.

Makes me wonder why there weren't any recalls back then. If there were recalls.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The testing equipment back then if it existed, was probably stone-age type of equipment LOL. At least the testing equipment is better these days but still these dog food recalls are scary. The food was already sent out, when they tests had came back? How come the foods aren't held until all the tests come back?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts