Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I work in a non-profit animal sanctuary and am trying to find affordable and effective cleaners to use in the indoor runs. We currently use Consume to eliminate all the bacteria and wash away pet waste/bodily fluids. The product is great and hasn't failed us, but the price is a little out of our tight budget. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on other sanitizers and cleaners we could use.

If it is of any help, we have about 18 indoor kennels, 3 isolation rooms for new intakes, and 4 outdoor standing runs with concrete flooring that all require the product.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Clean with water/vinegar. Then follow with a spray of hydrogen peroxide. I just got a book (haven't read it) called 100 Uses for Vinegar, something like that.

·
Registered
213 Posts
We use a product called Morning Mist (by Diversey), which is the same disinfectant used by our local human hospital. It is a very broad-spectrum antimicrobial disinfectant. It is supplied in several ways, including a 5L jug which attaches to a hose and automates the dilution process. It is diluted 1:64 with water. A quick search online showed that you can purchase a 5L bottle of the concentrate for $34.64. I don't know how this compares to what you are using now, but at that price this is a very effective, affordable product.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts